Curtiss Building  - Table of Contents

2011 exterior -Curtiss Building
AKA: King & Eisele / Eisele Building / Hoelscher Building

204-210 Franklin Street, Buffalo, NY

PHOTOS Beneath text

Original legal owner: Ethel Mann Curtiss.
It is clear that this was done for legal and insurance reasons.  Her husband, Harlow C. Curtiss, was the functioning owner. The Harlow House at 100 Lincoln Parkway was also in the wife's name.
Built:
1912-13
Architect:
Paul F. Mann (Buffalo)
Builder: Metz Brothers
Style:
Chicago Commercial
Status:
Listed on the State & National Registers of Historic Places



Huron (south) elevation.
Except for first story alteration: white, glazed terra cotta facade.




Garlanded urns







Scrolling acanthus  plant ..... Rosette above urn






Photos and their arrangement 2011  Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..