St. Joseph's Cathedral - Table of Contents

2005 - Blessed Mother's Chapel - St. Joseph's RC Cathedral
AKA St. Joseph's RC Old Cathedral
50 Franklin St., Buffalo, NY

St. Joseph RC Cathedral - Official Website
Visitor Information: (716) 854-5855

Created by Buffalo artist Otto Andrle in 1924, stained glass windows were moved to the chapel from the New Cathedral.


Click on illustrations for larger size -- and additional information

Just to the left of the sanctuary, a small passageway leads to the Blessed Mother's Chapel

An icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, fashioned in Crete during the 14th or 15th century

Detail from previous photo

Created by Buffalo artist Otto Andrle in 1924, windows were moved here from the New Cathedral, as were the windows in the chapel.

Ribbed vaulting with decorative bosses

 

Created by Buffalo artist Otto Andrle in 1924

Detail from previous photo

Detail from previous photo

Detail from previous photo

Detail from previous photo

Detail from previous photo

Another detail from previous photo


Special thanks to Rector Msgr. James F. Campbell for his cooperation in 2005
Photos and their arrangement © 2005 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.