Amherst at Starin.
Belt Line Railroad, Central Park Station, Watchman's Tower, and Stables.
Erected c. 1890

"The station was owned by Buffalo cement and leased to the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad. The Belt Line went out of business in the twenties due to the popularity of automobiles.

"The station was sold to the Boy Scouts of America and served as Troop 12's Headquarters until after World War II. It is now privately owned and is the only surviving station on the Belt Line. The tracks presently serve as the main Conrail Line in that area of Buffalo." -- Carol Wagner, Bassett House