Illustrated FURNITURE Glossary .

Also called broken front

Term applied to a piece of furniture in which the central portion of the front projects beyond the plane of the flanking parts.
Cf., splay front

Photos and their arrangement © 2005 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.