Forest Lawn Cemetery - Table of Contents

Forest Lawn Cemetery - Main Entrance Gate
Corner of Delaware and Delavan Avenues, Buffalo, NY

Erected:

1849
The gate was modified by George Cary in 1906: he added wrought-iron gates and wrought iron arch top

See also:

Forest Lawn Cemetery Status:

National Register of Historic Places


Click on photos for larger size

Note dentils, triglyphs, drops

Also by George Cary: Forest Lawn Cemetery Administration Building, located just inside the Delaware Ave. entrance gate

Administration Building detail: Modillions, triglyphs, pilasters

George Cary's masterpiece: Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society Museum in nearby Delaware Park adjoining Forest Lawn Cemetery

Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society Museum detail: note modillions, triglyphs, drops, Doric column

Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society Museumdetail: Doric columns

Wrought iron detail from George Cary's home at 460 Franklin St.

George Cary
Source: Buffalo Historical Society Publications, Volume XXX



Photos and their arrangement © 2004 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.