Darwin D. Martin House Complex- Table of Contents

2008 Photographs - Carriage House
Darwin D. Martin House Complex

Photographs taken January 31, 2008

Visitor Information


Constructed 1903-05
Demolished 1962
Reconstructed 2004-07

The carriage house originally served a number of purposes: horse stalls, hay loft, storage for a carriage, storage and service area for a car,
apartment for the chauffeur, and storage for boilers for the Martin House heating system.



Click on photos for larger size and further information

45 degree angle fountain

Frank Lloyd Wright-designed in the Prairie style

First floor gift shop

Front entrance - large enough for horses and a carriage or a car


Window in the Tree of Life pattern. The large board to the left illustrates the pattern.

Window in the Tree of Life pattern which was used in the second floor of the Martin House

Window detail

 

Doors lead to the horse stalls

Originally, horse stalls for two horses: Sherman and Sheridan.





Special thanks to Margaret P. Stehlik, Director of Operations,
Martin House Restoration Corporation, for her cooperation and patience.

Photographs taken January 31, 2008 by Chuck LaChiusa
Photos 2008 Martin House Restoration Corporation
Photos on this Web page Courtesy of the
Martin House Restoration Corporation
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.