Church of the Good Shepherd - Table of Contents

Nave - Church of the Good Shepherd
.96 Jewett Pkwy. at Summit, Buffalo, NY
Church of the Good Shepherd - Official Home Page

Nave: The central aisle; the part of a church located between the chief entrance and the chancel, and separated from the side aisles by piers or columns The word comes from the Latin "navis" which means "ship" (an early symbol of the church)


Click on illustrations for larger size -- and additional information

South, west and north ends of the nave.

The roof-timbers, arches and braces are finished in the natural colors of the wood.

South (at the left) and west sides of the nave

 

 

Floral window by Tiffany Studios

Floral window by Tiffany Studios

Presentation of the of the infant Jesus in the Temple by Messrs. Booth of London

West (at the left) and north sides of the nave

1926 Resurrection by Haskins Glass Studios of Rochester, NY

Detail - Resurrection

1939 Christ in the Temple by J&R Lamb Studios

Detail - Christ in the Temple

The pulpit of brass and oak is a memorial

Pulpit detail


Sources of captions:


Special thanks to Rev. David Selzer, rector of the Church of the Good Shepherd, for his cooperation and assistance

Photos and their arrangement © 2004 Chuck LaChiusa
...| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index...| .. E-Mail ...| ..