Cornerstone: Church enlarged in 1904.

In 1904, as the size of the congregation had grown tremendously, it became necessary to enlarge the church. At that time, the school space on the first floor of the building was relocated and the dividing floor removed to allow the sanctuary to occupy the entire building.

On the exterior, the steeple, originally an octagonal cupola topped by a bronze dome, was relocated from the center of the building to its current location at the northwest corner.