Illustrated FURNITURE Glossary


A bevel or chamfer. A surface that is spread out or set at a slant. A large chamfer or diagonal surface formed by cutting away an angle of a wall.

A shortened form of the word "display."

See also: breakfront ...architecture: splayed lintel

Photos and their arrangement © 2005 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.